King’s Arms Tavern Creamed Celery with Pecans
- 4 cups celery, cut diagonally in ½-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup pecan halves
- buttered bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Grease a 1 ½-quart casserole.
- Boil the celery in enough water to cover until tender; drain.
- Melt the butter over medium heat; stir in the flour and slowly add the milk to make a cream sauce, stirring until thick and smooth.
- Add the salt and well-drained celery.
- Spoon into the prepared casserole, top with pecans, and cover with buttered bread crumbs.
- Bake at 400° F. for 15 minutes.
This recipe is featured in "The Williamsburg Cookbook" available from our online catalog.