WILLIAMSBURG®, Stickley add to Reserve Collection
The WILLIAMSBURG products program, in conjunction with L.&J.G. Stickley Inc., introduced new additions to the WILLIAMSBURG Reserve Collection at the Fall 2002 International Home Furnishings Market in High Point, N.C. The introductions were the Philadelphia Easy Chair, the Palace Server and the Rococo Hanging Shelves. These pieces are adaptations Stickley produced based on designs from Colonial Williamsburg’s extensive furniture collections.
The Philadelphia Easy Chair, an 18th-century interpretation of a wing chair, is adapted from a piece from the private collection of Mr. and Mrs. Archibald McCrea, who restored Carter’s Grove in the 1930s. The chair features ball-and-claw front feet with distinctive acanthus leaf carving on the knees and a double-scrolled arm/stump design.
The mahogany Palace Server is based on an English antique plate warming cabinet, circa 1765, which currently is on display in the dining room at the Governor’s Palace. The server has a side-hung and center-guided drawer with a center divided liner. It is available with two interior options—two adjustable shelves, or fitted to accommodate eight to 12 hanging wine glasses and four horizontally stored wine bottles. The top opens to 37½ inches with black laminate on the inside surface.
The Rococo Hanging Shelves, which come in two sizes—26 inches and 36 inches wide—are adapted from English originals, circa 1760. The shelves have pierced fret end panels and drawers with brass hardware.
“These new additions enhance the WILLIAMSBURG Reserve Collection,” said Kris Fischer, director of licensing, furniture and tabletop. “Through our partnership with Stickley, we are able to provide our customers with hand-crafted adaptations that bring the classic style of the 18th century into any home and extend the breadth of the WILLIAMSBURG Reserve Collection.”
The Philadelphia Easy Chair, Palace Service and Rococo Hanging Shelves will be available at the Craft House at the Williamsburg Inn in June 2003.