October 8, 2012
Enjoy the Royal Treatment during Historic Jamestowne’s “Queen’s Tour & Tea” Program
Guests receive the royal treatment during “The Queen’s Tour and Tea” at Historic Jamestowne at 5 p.m. on Oct. 18. In 2007, senior archaeological curator Bly Straube gave this special museum tour to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II at the Nathalie P. and Alan M. Voorhees Archaearium.
During “The Queen’s Tour,” guests get a look at the archaeological displays at the museum and hear the unique stories behind some of Straube’s favorite artifacts. Straube has been with the Jamestown Rediscovery project from its beginning in 1994 and is an internationally recognized expert in 17th-century material culture.
Before the tour begins, guests enjoy delicacies prepared by Carrot Tree Kitchens and paired with Harney & Sons gourmet teas at the Dale House Café.
Admission is $32 for adults, youth and children.
For tickets, call 1-800-HISTORY. For information, call (757) 229-4997 or visit www.historicjamestowne.org
This program is presented jointly by Historic Jamestowne and The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation.
Historic Jamestowne is located at 1368 Colonial Parkway on Jamestown Island, seven miles west of Williamsburg. It can be reached via the Colonial Parkway or VA State Route 31.
Historic Jamestowne is jointly administered by the National Park Service and The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation (on behalf of Preservation Virginia) and preserves the original site of the first permanent English settlement in the New World.
Guests to Historic Jamestowne share the moment of discovery with archaeologists and witness archaeology in action at the 1607 James Fort excavation April-October; learn about the Jamestown Rediscovery excavation at the Nathalie P. and Alan M. Voorhees Archaearium, the site's archaeology museum; tour the original 17th-century church tower and reconstructed 17th-century Jamestown Memorial Church; and take a walking tour with a Park Ranger through the New Towne area along the scenic James River. Guests can also enjoy lunch or a snack by the James River at the Dale House Café.
Preservation Virginia, a private non-profit organization and statewide historic preservation leader founded in 1889, is dedicated to perpetuating and revitalizing Virginia's cultural, architectural and historic heritage thereby ensuring that historic places are integral parts of the lives of present and future generations. The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation is the not-for-profit educational and cultural organization dedicated to the preservation, interpretation and presentation of the restored 18th-century Revolutionary capital of Virginia.
The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation is the not-for-profit educational and cultural organization dedicated to the preservation, interpretation and presentation of the restored 18th-century Revolutionary capital of Virginia. This town-sized living history museum tells the inspirational stories of our journey to become Americans through the award-winning Revolutionary City® program.
Revolutionary City is a registered trademark of The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation.
Williamsburg is located in Virginia’s Tidewater region, 20 minutes from Newport News, within an hour’s drive of Richmond and Norfolk, and 150 miles south of Washington, D.C. For more information about Colonial Williamsburg, call 1-800-HISTORY or visit Colonial Williamsburg’s website at www.history.org.