The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation offers distance learning options for teacher professional development. These resources provide the same strategy-based instruction received in face-to-face teacher professional development programming. Facilitated by Colonial Williamsburg staff educators, these online development tools help teachers bring history to life in their classrooms.
Learning Resources From Our Teachers
These sample lesson plans or activities were created by teachers who completed Colonial Williamsburg's online teacher professional development.
Note: While not produced by the Colonial Williamsburg Foundation, these plans are the work of students who completed a Foundation-produced distance-learning course.
- 1968: The Year That Changed the World
- Artifact Analysis Used in Examining Immigration to the United States in the Early 20th Century
- Artifacts, Desertification, and the Sahel
- Christopher Columbus: Hero or Villain? Diving Deeper with Historical Artifacts and Text Analysis
- Forging History at the Armory
- George Washington on Display
- John Adams Scavenger Hunt
- The High Seas and the Adventures of the Unknown
- What do Some of Washington's Belongings Tell Us?