Colonial Williamsburg’s mission that the future may learn from the past doesn’t stop at the boundaries of the Historic Area. The living past that fills the streets and homes here ripples out to classrooms through all 50 states, thanks to the Colonial Williamsburg Teacher Institute.
Subscribe to learn more about The Bob and Marion Wilson Teacher Institute.
The Institute provides teachers:
- Primary source-centered, standards-based historical content
- An inclusive approach to analyzing and teaching events of the past
- Innovative, engaging teaching strategies to bring history to life in the classroom
- Immersive experiences throughout the Historic Area with suggested classroom applications
- Collaborative idea sharing with fellow teachers and Colonial Williamsburg staff
- Classroom-ready instructional resources, including lesson plans, primary sources, and other media
The Teacher Institute offers week-long sessions, three-day seminars and online programs, immersing participants in an interdisciplinary approach to teaching social studies with American history as the focus.Programs
Tuition & Scholarships
Teachers who attend the Teacher Institute may pay their own tuition or apply for Matching Grants or Individual Scholarships.Learn More
Onsite Program Participant’s Guide
Learn what to expect about your Teacher Institute experience.Read Now
Bob & Marion Wilson Educator Resource Library
This free resource library includes lesson materials, primary sources, multimedia content, lesson plans, and additional materials for use by teachers, students, and scholars of all ages.Learn More
Join our mailing lists to stay informed about Colonial Williamsburg instructional resources, teacher professional development opportunities, and scholarships.
Support the Teacher Institute
Your gift to The Bob and Marion Wilson Teacher Institute of Colonial Williamsburg will directly support its mission to deliver the highest quality, immersive, interdisciplinary professional development training for our nation’s teachers.Give Now