Where to park
Guests are encouraged to park at the Colonial Williamsburg Visitor Center and take advantage of the complimentary shuttle buses to the Historic Area. Free parking is also available at the Art Museums of Colonial Williamsburg, indicated in green on the map above. Additionally, the City of Williamsburg operates a pay-by-the-hour parking garage, in addition to timed lots throughout the Historic Area and Merchants Square, which require use of the Passport app.
How to Use Passport Parking
Many of our paid parking lots, marked in peach on the map above, utilize the "Passport Parking" phone App for payment. Please see below for instructions for downloading and using the app.
- In the app store for your phone, search for and download the “Passport Parking” app.
- Once open, enter in your phone number, then select “Verify.”
- A six digit code will be sent to the phone number entered. Enter the code, the select “Next.”
- Enter a four digit PIN that is easy to remember to protect your information and account, the select “Create.”
- Enter the PIN again for confirmation, then select “Confirm.”
- Select “Accept” for the Terms & Conditions to continue.
- Enter the Zone Number for associated parking lot, then select “New Session.”
- Choose “Select Zone” at the bottom of the screen to confirm the correct Zone Number.
- Select “New +” at the bottom left hand corner.
- Enter in your license plate information, assign a nickname (such as type of car), then select “Save Vehicle.”
- Select the “Vehicle” in the lower left hand corner.
- Select the time you want, then select “Continue.”
- Make sure the vehicle information is correct, then select “Setup Payment.”
- Enter in credit card information, then select “Save Card.”
Complimentary Shuttle Buses
Your ticket gets you free unlimited use of our shuttle, which runs from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. Shuttle routes begin at the Visitor Center and run throughout the Historic Area. Stops include the Governor's Palace, the Capitol, the Taverns, Market House, Williamsburg Lodge, the Art Museums of Colonial Williamsburg, and Merchants Square. Shuttle stops are marked on the map above with a red star.