How does your donation help?
Your gift to The Bob and Marion Wilson Teacher Institute of Colonial Williamsburg will directly support its mission to deliver the highest quality, immersive, interdisciplinary professional development training for our nation’s teachers. What do teachers say about their Institute experience?
- 98% confirm that it increased their content knowledge in American history and government
- 99% say it increased their proficiency in classroom instruction
- 99% believe it made them more effective teachers
We rely on the generosity of friends like you to provide teachers:
- Primary source-centered, standards-based historical content
- Inclusive approach to analyzing people and events of the past from multiple perspectives
- Innovative, engaging teaching strategies to bring history to life in the classroom
- Immersive experiences throughout the Historic Area and with character interpreters
- Classroom-ready instructional resources, including lesson plans, primary sources, and media through the Colonial Williamsburg Education Resource Library
Your support makes the Institute possible. Thank you!